Masonry Primer is highly recommended as a bonding layer for paint, especially if the surface is not waterproof, or is made of porous materials.
- Finish: Smooth, clean finish ready for paint topcoat
- Water-Based: Non-toxic, VOC-free formula provides long-lasting protection without the harsh chemicals or odors found in conventional paints
- Interior / Exterior: Interior & Exterior
- Recommended For: Use on bare masonry, cement, or concrete as a bonding surface for paint that also adds an extra layer of protection
- Choosing a Primer Color: White primer is recommended in most cases. Exceptions include: (1) when applying dark paint colors, where a grey primer is recommended; (2) "Poor hiding" paint colors (certain bright yellows, greens, reds and oranges), which require a tinted primer. Colors requiring a grey or tinted primer are indicated in our color library with a roller icon . Contact us for more information.
- You Need to Know: Before applying the masonry primer make sure the surface being coated is in sound condition. Masonry primer will not remedy any structural, or surface issues
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft. per gallon | 100 sq. ft. per quart; 1 coat recommended
- Application: Apply with a synthetic brush, roller, or airless sprayer. See Application Instructions below for more details