Wood Primer provides a strong bonding surface for paint and adds an extra layer of protection to your woodwork.
- Finish: Smooth, clean finish ready for paint topcoat
- Water-Based: Non-toxic, VOC-free formula provides long-lasting protection without the harsh chemicals or odors found in conventional paints
- Interior / Exterior: Interior & Exterior
- Recommended For: Wooden floors, windows, doors, trim, furniture, cabinets, and other woodwork
- Choosing a Primer Color: White primer is recommended in most cases. Exceptions include: (1) when applying dark paint colors, where a grey primer is recommended; (2) "Poor hiding" paint colors (certain bright yellows, greens, reds and oranges), which require a tinted primer. Colors requiring a grey or tinted primer are indicated in our color library with a roller icon . Contact us for more information.
- You Need to Know: Before painting a wooden floor, wood primer is highly recommended, especially if the floor is not waterproof, can't be cleaned, or is made of porous materials. Wood primer ensures that your surface is sealed and protected before you paint your floor
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft. per gallon | 100 sq. ft. per quart; 1 coat recommended
- Application: Apply with a synthetic brush, roller, or airless sprayer. See Application Instructions below for more details