You don't have to live in a yurt to have a green home. These days, eco-friendliness can be incorporated into every home and every aesthetic. Whether you buy or DIY, the options are pretty much endless – which is a massive shift from just a generation ago. Hooray for progress towards sustainability! Whether you're just beginning your green journey or well on your way to living off the grid, make your home beautiful using these 100+ eco-friendly decorating ideas. Plus, you can enter to win a $200 gift code for ECOS Paints and finishes to get your project off to a great, green start!
- Use what you have: Many times when decorating your home, you already have many of the things you need! Look around to see what you already own and love could be repurposed.
- Craft smart: Try to recycle materials when crafting for your home. One of my most popular projects on my website is the brown bag floor. Using recycled brown paper grocery bags, I have papered my floors to look like trendy stained concrete or stone.
- Cut down on volatile chemicals: It used to be that in order to use environmentally friendly paints or primers you had to spend big bucks. Not true anymore! Painting your home is one of the most popular and cost effective ways to decorate, and one of the first things The Budget Decorator recommends.
We also recommend finding furnishings and decor made from natural materials and options made from safer alternatives to toxic chemicals.
Ready to get inspired? Here are over 100 eco-friendly decorating ideas:
Follow ECOS Paints' board Eco Friendly Decorating Ideas on Pinterest.
Here are 5 of our favorites:
What are your favorite eco-friendly decorating ideas? Share your thoughts in the comments below and you’ll be entered to win a $200 gift card for ECOS Paints!
Here’s how to enter:
UPDATE: Congratulations to our lucky winner, Linda! Thanks to everyone for participating – watch our blog for April's giveaway launching soon!
In the comments below, let us know which eco-friendly decorating idea (or ideas) are your favorite. It can be from our ideas above, or something completely different that you love.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
- Like ECOS Paints on Facebook
- Follow ECOS Paints on Pinterest
- Follow ECOS Paints on Houzz
- Follow ECOS Paints on Twitter
- Follow ECOS Paints on Google+
- Tweet about the Giveaway and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
- Share the giveaway on Pinterest and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
- Share the giveaway on Facebook and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
For each additional entry, leave a separate comment
letting us know what you’ve done (and what your profile name is where relevant). If you’ve already done one of the actions, feel free to leave a comment letting us know you have previously. You can enter up to 9 times by taking all of the actions listed above and the more entries you make, the more chances you have at winning!
One random winner will be selected on March 30, 2016!
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and must be U.S. residents. Click through for full sweepstakes rules.