The Top New Year's Renovation Resolutions
2015 flew right by and here we are in a brand new year – which always gets us thinking about what we want to accomplish in the next 12 months. No matter how hard you worked, we bet you didn’t get all of the renovations on your wish-list done last year. That, my friends, is called reality. You maybe wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets, the floor in the laundry room, and put a coat of varnish on the baseboards. And maybe the laundry room floor got done (yeah!), you picked the paint color for the cabinets (good for you!), but the baseboards you completely forgot about. Again, welcome to reality – but no need to feel discouraged. That's the life of a DIYer. There's always another project around the corner! What's on your list for this year? Share your top New Year’s renovation resolutions below for a chance at winning a $200 gift card for ECOS Paints!
What are other homeowners thinking about renovating this year? According to a survey conducted by LG Appliances and reported in the lohud journal, an overwhelming 9 out of 10 homeowners plan on doing some renovation projects in their home this year. Nearly everyone has something they want to fix or change in their home. You are not alone! Here are some interesting findings from the survey:
- 46% of people want to renovate their kitchen. Nearly half of all homeowners say that's their number one priority.
- 4 out of 5 people would give up something fun like a vacation, Saturdays, date nights, and surfing the web to be able to do a major renovation this year.
- 47% of people wish their kitchen was bigger and see it as a central part of their home that guests spend time socializing in.
- 27% say they spend a large amount of time in their kitchens even when they're not eating or cooking.
Can you relate to these findings? Is a kitchen renovation your #1 priority for 2016? Or do you have a completely different New Year's renovation resolution? Let us know what it is/they are in the comments for a chance to win a $200 gift code for ECOS Paints, stains, varnishes, and more to help kickstart your project!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Kimberly for being our lucky winner! Thanks to everyone for participating – watch our blog for February's giveaway launching soon!
Let us know in the comments below what your New Year's renovation resolution is.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
- Like ECOS Paints on Facebook
- Follow ECOS Paints on Pinterest
- Follow ECOS Paints on Houzz
- Follow ECOS Paints on Twitter
- Follow ECOS Paints on Google+
- Tweet about the Giveaway and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
- Share the giveaway on Pinterest and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
- Share the giveaway on Facebook and use the hashtag #ECOSGiveaway
For each additional entry, leave a separate comment letting us know what you’ve done (and what your profile name is where relevant). If you’ve already done one of the actions, feel free to leave a comment letting us know you have previously. You can enter up to 9 times by taking all of the actions listed above and the more entries you make, the more chances you have at winning!
One random winner will be selected on January 31st, 2016!
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and must be U.S. residents. Click through for full sweepstakes rules.