Frequently Asked Questions
- We ship everywhere in the United States including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
- We also ship all over the world. You will be provided with a full landed cost, including duties and taxes, at checkout. Visit our shipping page to get a shipping estimate.
- Color cards, wall swatches, 2oz samples and fan decks are shipped via USPS. All other orders are shipped UPS Ground.
- Expedited UPS shipping options are provided at checkout.
- Orders over $100: FREE shipping via UPS Ground (48 contiguous states).
- Orders under $100: $9.95 flat rate shipping via UPS Ground (48 contiguous states).
- Samples: color cards, wall swatches, 2oz samples and fan decks ship FREE via USPS.
- Expedited shipping costs can be estimated here and will be confirmed at checkout.
All ECOS products are made to order at our manufacturing facility in South Carolina. While orders typically ship within 2 business days (Monday to Friday) orders with color matches may take longer. Once shipped, UPS will typically deliver your order within 1 to 5 business days, depending on your location. The day of dispatch is not included in UPS transit times, nor are weekends. The UPS transit time map can be viewed here.
- Once your order ships, you will receive tracking updates at the email address you provided at checkout. You can also opt into shipping updates via text message.
- Customers with ECOS accounts may track orders in ‘My Account’.
- With UPS Access Point Shipping, your order can be delivered to your choice of over 8,000 UPS Access PointTM locations in the contiguous 48 states for convenient pickup. Packages are held there for up to 5 days, ready for pick up at your convenience. A government-issued ID is required for collection.
- If you select delivery to a UPS Access Point at checkout, we will contact you after your order is placed to determine to which Access Point you would like your order shipped. Access Point addresses can also be included in the notes section prior to check out.
- Deliveries should be refused if there is visible damage to the boxes upon receipt.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if damage to the product is found after delivery. Please include your order number, and a photo of the damage with your message.
- When damage occurs in transit we will send a replacement to you and file a claim with UPS.
ECOS Paints, primers, stains, and varnishes (and more!) are sold online via our website, and through some online retail partners. We do not have physical retail locations.
- Screens and monitors do not provide an accurate color representation - we highly recommend testing paint colors at home before placing your order:
- Color Cards (4x3”): – first 8 FREE, $0.25 ea. for additional cards
- Wall Swatches (9x10”): real paint wall swatches for Lisa Tharp Colors
- 2oz Paint Color Samples: sample jar sent in our Eggshell finish
- Color Fan Deck: includes all 1300+ colors in the ECOS palette. Lullaby by ECOS and Lisa Tharp Colors are not included
- We also offer 2oz samples of:
- Wood Stain colors
- Tinted Varnish colors
- Concrete Stain colors
- Untinted (white) 2oz samples of all of our products can be ordered on our website.
- Sample packs containing six 2oz samples (paints & primers, or stains & varnishes) are also available.
Yes, we offer FREE color matching of other paint manufacturer’s colors. Simply provide the brand name, color name, and color number during the ordering process. We’ll take care of the rest! (Custom color matches are not available in sample sizes).
- The easiest way to calculate how much paint you need is to use our Coverage Calculator
- When using the Coverage Calculator, make sure to select the product you intend to apply, because different products have different coverage rates. Once you have input the product, add the room dimensions minus the areas not being painted (doors and windows). The Coverage Calculator will indicate the number of coats recommended and the volume of product required for a single coat.
- We accept all major credit/debit cards. All card transactions are secure and encrypted.
- We also accept payment via PayPal. For payment by PayPal invoice and check, orders will ship once payment has cleared.
Although orders are processed more quickly when placed online, we do take phone orders as well. Orders placed over the phone cannot be expedited quicker than those available online.
Through your ECOS account you can:
- Manage stored addresses, credit cards and store credits
- Review your previous orders and easily reorder the same products
- Pin your favorite colors
- Download product details and application instructions
- Building owners, managers, consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and other industry professionals can open a Trade Account here.
- Creating a Trade Account will give you access to trade discounts, estimating support, product information and personalized support.
All ECOS products are handcrafted in small batches and tinted to order by our production team at our manufacturing facility in South Carolina.
All ECOS paints, stains, varnishes and specialty products are water-based.
We’re happy to let you know what’s in every can so you can feel good about bringing ECOS into your home. Product ingredients are listed on each product page.
- We recommend using one of our primers if applying over bare or heavily sanded surfaces. We also recommend a primer if painting over a higher gloss finish, a darker color, or applying an accent color.
- Certain ECOS colors (for example bright oranges, yellows, and greens) that benefit from additional coats or a tinted primer are marked in our color library with a roller icon
Our products can be applied using a high-quality synthetic brush, or roller. Certain products can be applied using an airless sprayer, an HVLP sprayer, rag, or lambswool applicator. Refer to the individual product pages for specific recommendations.
Yes, we have a wide range of exterior paints, varnish and specialty products.
We do not add algicides, mildewcides, pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides to ECOS products, as some of our customers are sensitive to these. ECOS products do not prevent or fix the growth of mold, mildew, or other fungi. High moisture spaces, such as bathrooms or homes in humid climates should have proper ventilation to help avoid mildew and mold.
ECOS stains and varnishes are designed to cover all of your woodworking needs:
- Wood Conditioner: an untinted pre-stain that promotes an even stain finish; use on certain porous bare woods as the first step in a stain project.
- Wood Stain: a water-based stain in premixed colors that penetrates the wood and changes its color. Apply stain before varnish.
- Craft Stain: a water-based stain and varnish combination in premixed colors. Ideal for craft projects where a varnish topcoat is not required.
- Tinted Varnish: a water-based, protective top coat containing 20% of the pigment formula of our wood stains; available in three finishes - Satin, Semi-Gloss, and Gloss.
- Clear Varnish: a water-based, clear, protective top coat; available in three finishes - Satin (Interior & Exterior), Semi-Gloss, and Gloss.
ECOS Paints are EN-71 certified for use on children's toys, which could be placed in a child’s mouth.
Lullaby Paints are EN-71 certified for use on children's toys, which could be placed in a child's mouth. So, Lullaby products are suitable for a crib or other nursery furniture.
No, like all water-based products, ECOS products are not suitable for use on horizontal substrates prone to flooding or pooling water.
ECOS products do not contain latex.
We do not have a vegan certification. However, we do not use animal products as ingredients, or test our products on animals.
Terms & Conditions
All ECOS products are made to order. As such, orders cannot be cancelled once produced. We do not accept returns. If you are dissatisfied with your order in any way, please contact us. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
All products are made to order, therefore sales are final upon receipt of order, unless otherwise specified. We cannot process exchanges for ECOS Paints orders.