This primer for new drywall is used to provide a strong bonding layer before you paint with an ECOS Paints topcoat. Compare our primer products here: Primer Comparison
- Finish: Smooth, clean finish ready for paint topcoat
- Water-Based: Non-toxic, VOC-free formula provides long-lasting protection without the harsh chemicals or odors found in conventional paints
- Interior / Exterior: Interior
- Recommended For: Use on drywall surfaces as a smooth and clean bonding finish prior to painting with a topcoat
- Choosing a Primer Color: White primer is recommended in most cases. Exceptions include: (1) when applying dark paint colors, where a grey primer is recommended; (2) "Poor hiding" paint colors (certain bright yellows, greens, reds and oranges), which require a tinted primer. Colors requiring a grey or tinted primer are indicated in our color library with a roller icon . Contact us for more information.
- Compatibility: Textured Walls - Test for compatibility before using.
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft. per gallon | 100 sq. ft. per quart; 1 coat recommended
- Application: Apply Drywall Primer with a synthetic brush or roller or an airless sprayer. See Application Instructions below for more details