Anti-Formaldehyde Radiator (AFR) Paint is a protective finish that dries to a hard, durable film which adsorbs formaldehydes.
- Finish: Medium to high sheen
- Water-Based: Non-toxic, VOC-free formula provides long-lasting protection without the harsh chemicals or odors found in conventional paints
- Interior / Exterior: Interior
- Recommended For: Coating hot water radiators prior to painting
- You Need to Know: When selecting paint for your radiator or other substrate, we recommend placing your hand on the surface for one minute. If you can withstand touching the hottest surface area for that duration, our Anti-Formaldehyde Radiator Paint should work for your application.
- Not Suitable For: Steam or electric storage radiators, which run at even higher temperatures and require specialized finishes. Metals that are prone to rust, such as galvanized metal or cast iron, are not recommended for use with ECOS water-based products. ECOS paints should not be applied directly to metal surfaces. Learn more here.
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon | 125 sq. ft. per quart; 3 coats recommended
- Application: Apply with a synthetic brush, roller, or airless sprayer. See Application Instructions below for more details