Why Zero Volatile Organic Compound Paints Are the Best
Before you paint your home's interior, it's important to understand the different types of paint available. Although there are multiple options out there, understanding volatile organic compounds in paints is very important.
What Are Volatile Organic Compounds?Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are unstable carbon compounds that can easily vaporize. Most of them react easily with elements in the air, which leads to air pollution. Any person coming into contact with or breathing air contaminated by VOCs may experience asthma, nausea, and watery eyes, among other side effects.
When choosing paint, it is important to consider buying zero VOC paint for your house interiors. Zero VOC paints are less likely to cause adverse effects to people in the area. This article discusses some additional benefits of zero VOC paint that you should understand.
1. Cleaner AirThe most obvious benefit that you will get by using zero VOC paint to decorate your interior walls is better air quality within your house. Oftentimes, people who use conventional paints breathe contaminated air that causes nausea and other allergic reactions. When using air purifying paints as opposed to those with VOCs, you and your family members will be at a lower risk of experiencing nausea, allergies, or other problems associated with air contamination.
2. No Strong OdorsYou know that noxious fresh paint smell that tends to permeate your house after applying a coat of paint? You can easily avoid strong odors by avoiding polyurethane fumes that are present in conventional paints and choosing a zero VOC paint instead.
3. Cost-Effective PaintMany people have a perception that zero VOC paint is very expensive as compared to other paints out there. This is a common misconception. Zero VOC paints often have better coverage than conventional paints, covering up to 1.5 times more - saving you time and money!
4. Easier to CleanIf you are looking for the best paint for hiding stains, consider using zero VOC paints as they are great at dealing with dirt. Zero VOC paints will not only help you to hide stains, but they will be easy to clean as well. With clean water and soap or another detergent, you will be able to remove dirt smudges and scuff marks.
5. Durable and Long LastingPeople look for paints that will serve them for many years without the need for repainting. Many homeowners have come to believe that VOCs are necessary in paints and that they play a vital role in durability. However, zero VOC paints are durable and long-lasting. Interior remodelers indicate that good paint should last for at least 15 years without fading. Zero VOC paint has consistently proved that it can also serve for more than 15 years without the need for repainting, which is a bonus to homeowners.
6. Environmentally FriendlyZero VOCs are non toxic paint for walls that are easier on the environment. They are odorless and release fewer harmful emissions into the atmosphere. At a time when environmental conservation is increasingly important, using zero VOCs is a more sustainable choice.
If you are looking for zero VOC paint, ECOS Paints is the leading paint manufacturer and distributor in the industry.