8 Awesome Eco-Friendly Convertible Cribs
Just a few years ago, you would have been hard-pressed to find eco-friendly furniture options for your baby's nursery. But, with increasing awareness of toxics in products and our footprint on the planet, more and more consumers have been demanding safer, smarter options. Luckily, companies heard the cries and now the marketplace is teeming with terrific, non-toxic nursery furniture. Today, we're sharing 8 awesome eco-friendly convertible cribs.
- Features higher headboard with molded details & simple classic slat design.
- 4 adjustable mattress levels to safely ensure each stage of baby’s life.
- 100% Sustainable New Zealand Pine Wood and CARB II Compliant MDF
- Converts to daybed, toddler bed & full size bed with kits sold separately.
- Meets ASTM International & U.S. CPSC Safety Standards & JPMA certified.
- Pop of color to a familiar classic crib.
- Made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood with 4 level mattress support.
- Features signature intricate spindle posts, stationary sides & optional wheels.
- Includes toddler rail to convert from a crib to a toddler bed and to a daybed.
- JPMA and Greenguard Certified and 1 year warranty.
- Designed with arched back panel, thick slats, winged corners & curved posts.
- Converts to toddler bed (toddler rail included), daybed & full-size bed.
- Made of New Zealand Pine, a fast growing and sustainable species.
- Features 4 adjustable mattress positions and hidden hardware construction.
- Meets ASTM crib safety standards & US safety requirements & JPMA certified.
- Made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood
- Non-toxic, no VOC paint, stain & finish
- Honestly Free Guarantee: made without: lead, phthalates, formaldehyde, VOCs, or heavy metals
5. SLEEPI crib by Stokke - $799
- Can be used as a bassinet, a crib, a toddler bed, or two chairs.
- Suitable from birth through approx. 7 years of age with additional parts.
- Unique oval shape with soft curves for safe and comfortable environment.
- Stokke uses environmentally friendly and biodegradable materials whenever possible.
6. Classic Crib by Oeuf - $970
- Sustainably produced in Europe in an FSC certified facility
- Made of solid birch and eco-MDF
- Finishes are non-toxic, water-based and free of VOC health hazards
- Made under European environmental standards
- Packaging made of recycled cardboard
- Responsible recycling through licensed collecting facilities
(This crib has a pretty high price tag compared to the others, but it's all inclusive: crib, convertible pieces, mattress, and mattress cover.)
- Molded European Beech bent plywood surface treated with a water based finish
- 4 pieces of furniture in one design - crib, daybed, transition bed & junior bed (all components are included)
- Fixed, stationary side rails
- Mattress has pocket springs for improved comfort and ventilation with 2 adjustable positions(sold separately)
- Mattress cover is made of Eco-Tex 100% cotton
- Machine washable
- 3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- JPMA certified
- Made in the European Union
8. Kalon Studios Ioline Io Crib - $1,595
- 100 % visibility - open on all four sides 2-point adjustable mattress height
- Converts to platform style toddler bed (no additional kit required)
- Comfortable sleeping for your child until age of 6+
- Easy assembly Certified to new USA CPSC standards
- Meets or exceeds all US, Canadian, Australian and European safety standards
- Fits standard crib mattress (27 1/4" W x 51 5/8" L and between 4"-6" thick)
- 100% Natural and/or Non-Toxic/Food Safe materials throughout
The best thing about convertible cribs is that they grow with your child, so you don't need to buy multiple pieces of furniture. And that's also what makes them the acme of eco-friendly because you're reducing your use of natural resources.
Which one is your favorite eco-friendly convertible bed? Let us know in the comments!
Want more help creating your perfect, eco-friendly nursery? Check out these posts: